The Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) has a position for Technical Lead – Performance Programs.
Reporting to the Sport Performance Director, the Technical Lead – Performance Programs is responsible for the technical leadership and coordination of athlete and coach development services with specific attention to high performance programming across Olympic and Paralympic cycling sports [Road, Mountain Bike, Track, Para-cycling, BMX]. The position will work closely with provincial and contract coaches to strategically implement a leading athlete pathway with a goal of fostering international athlete success and transition into Team Canada programming.
This position will be based out of the Ontario Cycling Office at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre in Milton, ON. The position will require some evening and weekend work and include travel both domestic and international.
• University/College education in sport management, recreation, coaching or related field (preferred)
• Five (5) years of experience working in a sport setting, with specific responsibilities in athlete/coach development
• Strong administrative and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Proficiency in computer applications including experience and strong understanding of Microsoft applications [Word/Excel/PowerPoint]
• Experience working with and integrating the use of sport science services [nutrition, strength conditioning, mental performance] into athlete training and programming
• Understanding of Long Term Athlete Development principles, NCCP programming, and Safe Sport requirements General Responsibilities • Working with the Sport Performance Director, provide leadership, creativity, and strategic input into building out existing high performance plans and expanding service delivery • Accountable for […]